Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breaking the Curse....

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he continued walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes. Turning to look, he saw a 7 foot grizzly charging towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. Looking over his shoulder he saw that the bear was closing in on him. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster.

He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear raising his paw to take a swipe at him. At that instant the atheist cried out: "Oh my God..."

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

It was then that a bright light shone down upon the man and a voice came out of the sky saying: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps, could you make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.

The light went out.

And the sounds of the forest resumed.

Then the bear lowered his paw, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly thankful. Amen." 

 ~~~~~~~~
That was sent to me in an e-mail and I thought, "What a way to make a point!"  We deny the very things that is for our good and accept those that are not.  We are the best of God and how do we thank him....by rejecting him?  That shouldn't be acceptable.  He sends people and gives many warnings to us when he's trying to get our attention.  We just turn away until we are in need.  Be careful what you ask of God because it may be the opposite of what you thought the outcome would be.  Anything that is not of God is a curse upon your life.  Sin is a curse.  Sin had no place with God.  What is a curse?  A curse (also called execration) is any expressed wish that some form of adversity or unhappiness that will befall another person or persons. Anger is a curse, a lying spirit is a curse, sexual immortality is a curse.  If its not of God its a curse.  Sin is a curse, if it wasn't God wouldn't have told Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:17  
To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
       "Cursed is the ground because of you;
       through painful toil you will eat of it
       all the days of your life.

The Word of God says that a curse without a cause can not settle on a righteous person.  Sin opens the door (primarily disobedience) for a curse to settle on a person.  No matter the sin, and no matter the type of curse, we need to ask the Lord to take it and break it from us.  Then we are appropriating and applying what Jesus did for us by going to the cross and becoming a curse for us. Ask God to come into your life and remove the curse that is holding you back.  Are you ready to break the curse and allow God into your life?

Heavenly Father I come to You no in the Name of of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Holy Spirit I ask You to quicken me and lead me in prayers.  Lord, I believe that on the cross You took upon Yourself every curse that could and would over come against me.  I as that You destroy every curse that is on me a this time, on my children, my grandchildren and those closest to me at this time.  I ask You to destroy those curses now in the Name of Jesus according to John 14:14.  To God be the Glory. Amen! 

Sincerely,
Website Sign

No comments: