Monday, September 12, 2011

Kiss it away (Poem)

Think back to a time where you fell.

By accident or from someone who yelled.

Remember when daddy kissed your “boo boo”?

Or mommy came to pick you up and nurse you.

Perhaps you cried and got mad.

Fought the ground that made you mad or sad.

You look at yourself and see blood.

Grass, dirt & rocks all sorts of crud.

You get back on your feet in search of a band-aid.

To clean up the mess that your clumsy feet has made.

A day or two later you see a scar.

You may pick at it and again it gets raw.

You see it finally heals itself away.

Until it happens again someday.

This time you are in the habit.

To care for it, like opening a hole and pulling out a rabbit.

Only now the boo boo is much bigger than before.

Doctors tell you your’re sick and you go crying out the door.

People say they prayin for you.

Family just don’t know what to do.

Friends gossiping behind your back.

While your mind races 180 miles off track.

Cryin just don’t get it!

Healing isn’t clicking!

But time is steadily ticking!

Yet my mind is always tripping!

Why can’t my boo boo go away.

Not tomorrow but TODAY!

I don’t want to do any treatments!

Money is completely spent!

People just don’t get it!

Healing isn’t clicking!

My time is steadily ticking!

And yes my mind is really trippin!

My boo boo’s can’t be kissed away or tamed.

Not this time…

no scars to heal…

because there are lesions on my brain.


Sincerely,
 Website Sign
Written by Forealdoh (Cheryl DeVaughn)

3 comments:

JR said...

Hey Forealdoh!!!

Welcome back to writing! Please know that I am praying for you and that God brings joy back to your heart. I have been there and I know what it means to have a cloud over your joyful spirit. Whatever you do my sistah, don't let the devil steal your joy or your soul. Stay gifted and beautiful.

Peace and blessings,

JR

Anonymous said...

I am in an agreement with JR.....two or more gather in MY name....BE HEALED!!!

Daymien said...

Keep your head up cous...God is in control yet when it seems dark and dreary He is still Sovereign! Love you!