Friday, April 15, 2011

The Grieving Sister

Powerful things happen when we open up and come into his presence. The story is told of the man whose wife grieved over the death of her sister. She took the death very hard and mourned an unusually long time.
The husband tried everything to bring her out of her depression. He bought her gifts, roses and even carried her on a two week cruise. None of those things seemed to lift her spirit.
One Sunday morning, he opened his bible to the 23rd Psalms. He held the bible with one hand and her hand with the other and read to her. Many months after they sat on their porch and reflected back on that dark period and the wife confessed to her husband, "I really appreciated the roses, gifts and the attention you showed me when my sister died.
But when I heard you read the words, "Yea thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thou art with me;' you ushered me into the presence of the Lord." Then, my burden was lifted and I saw the light."


Psalm 23 KJV
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
 
Hold on to that the next time you are going thru something!  

Sincerely,
Website Sign

1 comment:

F.A.Ellis said...

http://treasuredspotbookreviews.com