Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When You say "I'm Sorry"


Recently I hurt a close friend of mine.  I told something I wasn't suppose to tell to another mutual friend.  I didn't think I wasn't suppose to tell the other person because we told the other person's business anyway.  Well when I realized someone got hurt I was sorry.  That was never my intention to hurt any one especially my friend. 

I said I am sorry because that is the right thing to do.  I also cut my friendship off with the mutual who truly played me to get the information she wanted.  I don't fool with back stabbers.  I know my friend is hurt as they should be, however, I think we all played a part in the mess. 

I should have never told the mutual friend anything.  My friend shouldn't be so hard on me when it wasn't my intention to hurt any one.  Why is it cool for them to discuss my business but not cool when I do it?  That is double standards! We all are wrong no matter how you look at it.  I would think that as long as we have known one another this wouldn't come between us.  I guess it has and for that, I have to say once again, I'm Sorry!

I can't say it any more nor can I change what is done.  I took responsibility for my part, womaned up and apologized sincerely from my heart.  If that is not good enough, there is nothing else left to be said.

So from this moment I am letting go off the hurt I feel, the betrayal I cause, a friend, and possible my best friend.  I can say I hold no grudge at the mutual friend even though I know she played me and my best friend.  I wish her well and I wish my bff nothing but happiness.

Now I shared my secret, you know I am far from perfect.  The bible tells us "A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends." Proverbs 16:28 and "A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much."  Proverbs 20:19.  Aren't we all guilty of this?

As Christian, which we all are,
the Bible also teaches, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." Matthew 26:28  If you can't forgive me, forgive yourself. 

Say I am sorry ask God for forgiveness and from the injured party.  Let Go and Let God!!!

Be Bless,

Forealdoh

No comments: