Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm Just Saying! Spirtual Weeds Killers

Have you ever consider yourself gardener?  I use to believe I was a great one.  Years ago I planted a garden and would do varies yard work such as cutting the grass, trimming the edges, thinking I could hang with the best of them.  Then my focus would begin to be distracted with other tasks such as computers, my car, kids, etc.  The lack of effort was quickly seen before my eyes.  My once gorgeous garden was now over taken with smothering weeds, dying flowers and shrubs.  Fixing it was not an option for me because it required too much attention and time.  I would hire someone to come clean up my mess because it was easier.  

As I looked over my yard, I thought how my spiritual life can be like my garden.  If I applied the same method of wanting it, only to forget it or not put in the time and energy to nurture it, my spirit would be overtaken with weeds, shrubs and even death.  I must continue to water it and feed it in order for the garden (my spirit) to grow.  Otherwise it will suffocate.  This is what happens to our faith when we fail to protect Gods word in our inner being.  God provided what we need in scriptures in order for us to deal with spiritual "weeds" .  You see it is written that, "faith, goodness, perseverance, godliness and love blend to protect our spiritual health and well being."  

Whenever I visit Waffle House I order their hash browns smothered, covered, chunked and diced with extra cheese.  Although it taste good all that smothering and covering is surely not good for my cholesterol.  Same thing with the spirit.  Sin may feel good but it is designed to kill the godliness in you.  What am I saying......say in the Word of God, pray, fast, attend church (a bible based church) and allow God to clean out the weeds, the shrubs, and dying flowers (sin) so that you can bloom shinning for the world to see a new brighter you.

Sincerely, 
Website Sign

No comments: